Wendywood Development Centre shareholding is 100% Hearts of Hope. The Directors are 60% Black African South Africans and 99.7% of our children are Black African South African children. As such, the Centre qualifies in terms of Enterprise Development requirements of BBBEE legislation in South Africa.
Should you be interested in supporting the children’s home school, we have the following needs:
- Sponsorship of teacher and teacher assistant salaries per month (ZAR 34000)
- Renovation costs – we have extended the premises to cater for 3 classes so that the children of different ages can be accommodated to their best educational advantage (ZAR 500K)
- Support in terms of utilities costs– electricity and water via Eskom and City of JHB (ZAR 12000)
- Food and cleaning materials – we happily accept gift vouchers and will provide receipts (ZAR 5000)
- Classroom materials such as paint and stationery, educational puzzles and games (ZAR 25000)